Starting app even after removing from RAM

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
sampath1

Starting app even after removing from RAM

Post by sampath1 »

Hi Admin,

Do we have any settings to set up such that app starts by it self when it is deleted from RAM. Right now one has to start the app and then go back and the app runs in the background. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sampath
admin
Site Admin

Re: Starting app even after removing from RAM

Post by admin »

Not sure what you mean. Would you like the app to run 24 hours a day? As long as you don't stop the app it will run 24 hours per day.
sampath1

Post by sampath1 »

Hi Admin,

Thank yo for reply. When we start an app, the app sits in RAM (Random Access Memory). There is an option to clear the apps from RAM. When I cleared the RTT2 app from memory, I am not able to track from my family member smart phone. My question, Is it possible to start the app automatically when it is cleared from memory, here starting app is like tapping the app with a finger (in normal way).

Regards,
Sampath
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you show me where I can find the "Clear from RAM" option? I would like to test on my phone.
sampath1

Post by sampath1 »

Hello Admin,

App running in the background means it sits in RAM. I am using MI4I earlier I used Samsung S4. In MI4I when I click on left button on the bottom of the phone it shows all the apps running in the RAM (Background), when I tap the "X" it clears all the apps from RAM (Background). In Samsung S4 when I long press the right button (Back button) it displays all the apps running in the RAM (Background) and when I click "X" it clears all the apps from RAM (Background) and releases the RAM memory. In settings you have given the option to start the track service after reboot (restart).

I am facing new issue now. My RTT2 apps is stopping the track service after 1 or 2 hours and my friend not able to view me on his phone. I can give the remove control command access to him such that he can start the track service on my phone but he misses the track where all I went in the past. Do you know why app is stoping the service. Can you give an option to start the service automatically when it stops on my phone.

Thanks in advance. You can reach me at +91-9008555991. 91 is international code.

Regards,
Sampath
+91-9008555991.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, now I know what options you mean. But this option means just to completely shut down the app. So of course it cannot track the location afterwards until you start the app again. So if you want the tracker to stay active you should not use this option.

I know some also some other reports that the app auto-closes on certain phone. I'm afraid I cannot find a solution for this now. My guess is that some phones close long-running services if the system resources get slow. Does this happen often. Unfortunately the app cannot restart itself if it is closed by the Android system.
buythisgps

Post by buythisgps »

hello, it seems that I have the same problem:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5278

So there is no easy fix ?

As I said in my post I will try to find another application that will relaunch greenalp when it closes, I hope it's possible.

Thanks again !
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
My guess is that your phone closes long running services because it wants to save battery. Unfortunately I believe this can not be avoided by the app. Maybe there is an option in your general settings available to avoid power saving or automatic app shutdown or whitelisting some apps.