Immediate restart after remotely stopping service

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
jbd_master

Immediate restart after remotely stopping service

Post by jbd_master »

I've sent remote commands to stop the service of my device. I've done this both through the browser (logged in with the username of the device I want to stop), and through the app (by sending a remote command as a friend). My device stops service correctly. However, it immediately turns on again after stopping. I have unchecked the options "Autostart" and "Auto-continue".

I am running Android 5.1 on my device.

Thank you for any help in fixing this issue!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Immediate restart after remotely stopping service

Post by admin »

Hi,
OK, that's really strange. I cannot find any explanation or this so far. When you push the stop-button in the app, will the service stop correctly, or will it also restart.
jbd_master

Post by jbd_master »

Thank you for your reply! Sorry for not responding sooner; we're using your app for a research project with several parties involved, and I no longer have access to the devices running the app.

Pushing the stop button in the app did work correctly though. The problem only occurred while sending remote commands.

As I mentioned, I don't have the devices anymore, so unfortunately I can't do any other tests. Someone else might take over this account, but to be honest I think they are happy without the remote stop function working and they probably won't pursue this any further.

Apologies for not being able to properly follow up on this, and thanks again for your reply!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, so I suggest, if you need some analyzation the new device owner can post a message here and I will have a look.