Time zone and permission settings

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
pentik

Time zone and permission settings

Post by pentik »

Hi,
I have two problems:
1) on the map in my computer menu "send time" displays the time not from 0 hours, but starting from 4 hours ago. I do not know why.
2) I set the "Permission settings - View Track - Nobody But Me", but when I use "guest link" so the track is visible to everybody. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks J.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Time zone and permission settings

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks very much for your posting, your report is very interesting.

1.) Obviously the GPS module of your mobile phone reports the wrong time. Could you please post which phone you are using and which time zone is configured on your phone. Is the clock of your phone set correctly?
2.) Admittedly the track settings are a little bit confusing. There are two types of tracks (Auto tracks, and manual tracks). The tracks displayed automatically are called Auto track, they contain only the last 150 data points and no permissions can be set. If someone buys the track loading feature he/she can load tracks from any time and he/she can set the permission level for these tracks (i.e. the user can decide if other people can load these tracks too). I really should add an permission option for auto tracks too. Hope I will have time soon. Thanks for your input.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Time zone and permission settings

Post by admin »

Hi,
In the settings section of the web portal there is a new option which enables you to configure auto track visibility. I hope this solves your problem.