Time logging

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
4GS

Time logging

Post by 4GS »

Hi there,

I've been looking for an app that doesn't just map where I've been (the track), but also WHEN I've been there (the time). On my old Nokia I used the app Phonelocator Periodic, but this app is not available for Android.
Phonelocator Periodic updated my location at specific (configurable) intervals, so it wouldn't consume to much power. I saw your app does the same thing. Great!

But is it also possible to view the independent uploads and their upload times on your map and not just the complete track and only the time of you're latest position (latest uploads)? On Phonelocator Periodic the indepent uploads were shown on independent maps, that would be perfect as well. In other words, I'm not looking for a sportsapp that maps my route and my total time, but I'm looking for a logging app: at point A (upload A) It was 20:00, at point B (upload B) it was 20:15, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance,

4GS

PS If I posted this question twice I apologize, but it doesn't seem to appear on the forum.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Time logging

Post by admin »

Hi,
Just click the track at the position of your choice and you will see the specific data of the chosen track point.
4GS

Post by 4GS »

Wow,

it works really great. Way better than Phonelocator Periodic. My compliments.

I just have one other question. I let the app run today from 12:30-17:30 and the earliest recordings on the map are from 14:00. I know from watching the app on my phone that it DID upload my position (12:30-14:00) several times. Is there a limit to it's memory? Can you only see the last 3-4 hours for instance?

Thanks,

4GS
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
There are two types of displayed track.
1.) Auto track: This track is displayed automatically, usually you will see the last 90 minutes of your tracks (depends a little bit on your send interval).
2.) Manual track: It's also possible to specify the exact time range you want to see. You need the track loading feature for that which is a non-free feature. If you wish you can test it 24 hours for free. This way you can check if your track has been recorded correctly. You can even download the track and view it for example using Google Earth.
4GS

Post by 4GS »

I can't seem to find the 24-hour test app and the full app in the market. Can you tell me where I can download these (or what the name of the full app is) and what the full app should cost?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You don't need a special app version for that - it's a feature of the web portal. If you want to test it 24 hours for free just send me your username and I will enable the feature for your account.