Terminated my session

Post the activities you already have used Real Time GPS Tracker for and your ideas what it could be used for.
chrisg

Terminated my session

Post by chrisg »

Was using the meet url to track a group of riders while mtn biking. We often ride where there is not cell signal but we get scattered signals and will get a signal a the end of the ride. When my cell signal return I tried to check on my fellow riders but saw a message that the session was terminated because I too much time had passed without checking on the group...it may have been 2 hours. I thought it was to stay active for at least 24 hours??? We would just use the app but some of the riders have an iphone :roll:
admin
Site Admin

Re: Terminated my session

Post by admin »

Hi,
yes it should stay active 24 hours. Are you sure, that this message was from greenalp.com/meet? Actually the application does send show any message of this type. What happens when you try to access the group now?
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

Hi, thanks for the quick reply It's been a week since this happen so my guess if that event has been deleted. I will try it again on my next ride. As long as the event stays active when the cell signal i lost for an extended period, say 2 hours, this site should works great for us. I'll try it again and if I get the message again I'll write down the exact wording of the error message. thanks.
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

Ok. Yesterday I set another event and when I was finished riding the message on the map said "the request to get user information timed out". I clicked the "dismiss" link and it was working again. So seems to be ok.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, thanks. This message doesn't mean that your session is terminated. It means that your browser could not update your location. Probably this happens if your phone cannot receive the GPS signal or if there is no Internet connection. As you mentioned that you are sometimes outside of network coverage I guess that's the reason. As soon as GPS and internet are available again, the location update should automatically work again.