Unable To Track

Post the activities you already have used Real Time GPS Tracker for and your ideas what it could be used for.
marcus

Unable To Track

Post by marcus »

Hi,
Download the app on my Samsung Galaxy III. Am able to track and see my own location but not my family members. It stayed on the same location and we all turned on our GPS. Use to have a Sony Xperia Arc and works wonderfully. What are the major settings that I need to set? Here are some of the settings that I had set.
1) Auto-enable GPS/Send neetwork location/Extra AGPS support = ON
2) Permission = Accepted friends only
3) Use GCM = ON
4) Using LTE/4G
Need help to have it working. Tks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable To Track

Post by admin »

Your settings seem to be OK. If you have no problem with GPS you could even disable "Extra AGPS support". Please check in the friends menu if you can see your friends and if your friends have accepted your request. If the problem persists please send your username via this forum (public or private) or via email.
marcus

Post by marcus »

Thank you very much for your response. I tried again with and without "Extra AGPS support" and they worked the same. Here is what I found out.....when we all are close together, it works fine and can see each other locations and even tracks. But once we try to track each other when we travel different ways it does not track and we see their locations the last time when we are at close point. Any setup I need to check for the following areas:
1) Location Update Intervals
2) Min. Distance (Meters)
3) Track Length Limit
Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you have not modified these parameters they should be alright.
Do your friends have the same problems? Do they all see their own location correctly but not the friends' locations? The big question is if your phones are able to send the location data. The tracker displays in the upper right corner the exact timestamp of last data transmission. This timestamp should change every 15 - 20 seconds (if you use the default update interval). So you and your friends should check the time of last transmission. Then you have to check the other phones (or the website map). They should display the updated information within a few seconds.
marcus

Post by marcus »

I might have change some of these settings. Is it possible for me to reset these settings?
Our transmission is working great and is updated frequently and yes...we all have the same problem. We all have our GPS turned on all the time.
Any more suggestions? Tks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If transmission works then your parameters are OK. As a next step you could compare the location displayed on the website with the location displayed on your friends' phones. Is the location displayed on the website outdated too?

PS: Please ensure that all of you have downloaded the latest version of Real Time GPS Tracker.
marcus

Post by marcus »

Sorry...how do I go about doing that? To get on the location on the website and to compare?
Also, the following are my settings:
1) Location Update Intervals
Default GPS Interval - 15
GPS Interval on Visitors - Default GPS Interval
Network Interval - 120
2) Min. Distance (Meters)
Min. Distance (Meters) - Disabled
3) Track Length Limit
Track Type - My own track displayed to others
Filter Type - No Filter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Maybe the easiest is following:

1.) Open Google Play Store and download the newest version of Real Time GPS Tracker
2.) Start your tracker
3.) Go to http://www.greenalp.com, and login with your username. You shoud see the locations of yourself and your friends. Click the icon representing your location. A detail box will appear. You can check there if your location is up-to-date.
marcus

Post by marcus »

Okay...I did all that.
I even updated the profiles of everyone except I noticed under the "Add Remote Command" that has a "Command" and in it's box it has a default "Track Once". Is it how it should be? Also, the selections is as follows:
Force Start GPS - Checked
Force Stops GPS - Not Checked
Force Stops GPS If Started - Checked.
Is the above correct? Especially the last one?
Another thing is that...do we all have to have the Real Time GPS Tracker started on their phones before we can see each other? Or by having the GPS turned on is all that we need to be track or seen?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can ignore the remote commands. Yes, the location is only updated, if the tracker is running, i.e. you see the location of your friends when the tracker was running on their phone last time. Only activating GPS is not enough because the location needs to be sent to the server. So if you want to see real-time location data of your friends the tracker must run on their phones.