Found my phone

Post the activities you already have used Real Time GPS Tracker for and your ideas what it could be used for.
rexcon

Found my phone

Post by rexcon »

This program just saved me LOTS of money. I started using the program to track my motorcycle rides to share with a few friends. It has also been fun to go back to the computer and review the ride since I often travel without a map or much of a plan and have only a vague idea of where I've been.

Taking my first extended motorcycle trip (2500 miles) a few weeks ago, I was well into the first day of the ride when I had a sinking feeling that something was not right. Reaching back to the saddle bags I my fears were confirmed. I had forgotten to latch them at the last stop. Dangling behind me was the charging cord... no phone attached. A clerk at the next convenience store loaned me his phone to call a friend to whom I had sent my tracking information. He was able to see where the tracking stopped several miles back and give me precise directions back to that spot. There, in the middle of a sparsely traveled country road, were bits of plastic, shattered glass, and other remains of my Galaxy S3.

Of course the phone was a total loss and tracking for the rest of the trip was pretty well screwed, but I had the damaged phone as proof when I successfully filed my insurance claim for a return of $600. Real Time GPS Tracker was among the first programs I re-installed on the new phone. Don't leave home without it.