Track Limit

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
svenmonet

Track Limit

Post by svenmonet »

I've tried to change the expiration limit in the Settings several times but my tracks keep disappearing too quickly. I want the track to stay visible to me and friends for at least a couple of days. Instead they fade away quickly no matter what settings I use. Can this be done?

I think it's a good program but would like the tracking to be more like Maprika where you start a track, stop a track, and can save a track. You can also easily see tracks from the past if you want.

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Track Limit

Post by admin »

Hi,
You can configure the app to reduce track length but you cannot increase the track length. The track length is limited to save disk capacity. Paying users have the permission to manually load tracks from the past, so they can view longer tracks. They can also download and save any track on their local computer and view it for example with Google Earth.
svenmonet

Post by svenmonet »

What is the longest you can have a track remain on the screen? I like the program but find it very frustrating to see the track fade away so quickly. I really think there should be an option to have it stay on as long as you would like. I think most people have enough disk capacity. If I'm hiking and get lost I would like people to see my exact track for as long as possible to come rescue me!

Thanks.
adamski101

Post by adamski101 »

I have the same issue.

how can i stop it disappearing? If it's upgrading, how do l upgrade.?
It's a great application, but i need to keep the tracks, if i am to stay with this app.
if i upgrade will i be able to see my tracks from 2 days ago?

thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

svenmonet wrote:What is the longest you can have a track remain on the screen? I like the program but find it very frustrating to see the track fade away so quickly. I really think there should be an option to have it stay on as long as you would like. I think most people have enough disk capacity. If I'm hiking and get lost I would like people to see my exact track for as long as possible to come rescue me!

Thanks.
Well, I mean not disk capacity on client computer but on server. The more data is saved on server the more resources will be be needed. So I decided to grant this option to paying users. It only 2 Euros per month or 10 Euros per year.

Nevertheless I try to improve this for the free version too (at least a little bit). I started a test and if you watch your map now you will see the track is a little bit longer now.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

adamski101 wrote:I have the same issue.

how can i stop it disappearing? If it's upgrading, how do l upgrade.?
It's a great application, but i need to keep the tracks, if i am to stay with this app.
if i upgrade will i be able to see my tracks from 2 days ago?

thanks.

Thanks, I received your donation. Yes, you can see now your tracks from the past. Use the orange menu on the right side of the map in the web portal. If the data is important to you don't forget to download it on your local computer. There is no guarantee that they are saved on server. There is always the risk of data loss, hardware damage, etc.
lowderkinkaid

Post by lowderkinkaid »

How do I become a paying customer to keep my entire track visible to my friends and family? We are taking a month lonog boat triip and want people to be able to see where we are.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

With track loading feature (you get this for 2 Euros per month or 10 Euros per year) you can manually load your tracks from the past. But you have to load the track explicitly. The automatically displayed track won't get longer.
lowderkinkaid

Post by lowderkinkaid »

How do I sign up for track loading feature?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just use the donate button on the page and afterwards send me an email with your username. If you wish you can test this feature 24 hours for free before you pay.