Track and Trace for Business use

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
locodelivery

Track and Trace for Business use

Post by locodelivery »

Thought it would be good to start a new thread regarding track and trace :)
admin wrote:This could be interesting for business users: Right now I'm building a new "Track and Trace" feature. People who buy this feature can generate a "track and trace"-ID and send it to their customers for tracking.The big difference compared to the "normal tracking": you can specify the exact time range when "track and trace" should be active. This way you can ensure that the customer can track you only while you are working on the customer's request and not while you are working on some other request
The ID idea you have is excellent to have teams working for different clients in the same areas with a seperate map for each ID. The only issue is that unfortunately only one map can be shown per website and only three tracks so i guess the client would log straight to your server to see his/ her map. We do have our own dedicated server but i dont know if this can be linked to yours so we can host our own tracks to show more on our website?

Would there be one master screen, so i would buy slots to put the entire team names on then simply assign them to different ID's (check boxes?) or would i have to log into each "friend" account seperately and assign an ID number for each team member for that day?
Would the team members with the same ID automatically be able to see each other (a definate plus) or would i again have to log into each members account and set up who can see who?

Great App, brilliant support, shame no support for the dreaded iphones but hey ho you cant have everything lol

Kind Regards
Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: Track and Trace for Business use

Post by admin »

Hi,
The only issue is that unfortunately only one map can be shown per website and only three tracks so i guess the client would log straight to your server to see his/ her map. We do have our own dedicated server but i dont know if this can be linked to yours so we can host our own tracks to show more on our website?
To be honest, so far I do not plan to make the "track and trace" available for iframes. I prefer the viewers will visit the Greenalp web portal so I can show ads there (probably only one). This will help to keep the prices low. If it is very important for some customers to have track and trace with iframe support and without ads I will think about that. Maybe I will provide this as extra feature.

Yes, you can indeed only see one map at once. This is a techical limitation, and solving it would mean very high effort. It hasn't anything to do with the server, it's a problem of the programming framework I use. Why is it important to see two maps at the same time?
Would there be one master screen, so i would buy slots to put the entire team names on then simply assign them to different ID's (check boxes?) or would i have to log into each "friend" account seperately and assign an ID number for each team member for that day?
Yes, I plan to provide a master screen. It won't be necessary to login into each "friend" account. Only at the very first time you have to define the master user for every friend account. Afterwards you can always login with your master user and create new IDs and assign your users just as you like. However, there will be limits depending on the package you buy.
Would the team members with the same ID automatically be able to see each other
Sorry, the tracker currently does not support this. But as a workaround you could send the Track and Trace url to your team members so they will see all locations in their mobile browser. Or they just add each other as friends.
Great App, brilliant support, shame no support for the dreaded iphones but hey ho you cant have everything lol
Yes, it's a pity. There is so much to do for the Android version, so I'm not sure if I will ever have enough time to create an IPhone version. Let's wait and see :D

Questions:
As mentioned I plan to offer different packages with different limits. For example, would be a limit of 10 track and trace items per day reasonable for very small companies, or is this too low? What is the average job count for small and bigger companies?
Which team sizes should be supported by the various packages. Maybe 1, 5, 10?
locodelivery

Post by locodelivery »

Yes, you can indeed only see one map at once. This is a technical limitation, and solving it would mean very high effort. It hasn't anything to do with the server, it's a problem of the programming framework I use. Why is it important to see two maps at the same time?

We have found that we have increased business due to people having a look on our website and being impressed with the live tracking and also clients who sit watching their tracks live for most of the day! I had an image of clients being able to watch their deliveries taking place without getting confused so one ID/ one map etc. We can work around this by putting links on the website to the various ID's on your server, so no problem :)

Yes, I plan to provide a master screen. It won't be necessary to login into each "friend" account. Only at the very first time you have to define the master user for every friend account. Afterwards you can always login with your master user and create new IDs and assign your users just as you like. However, there will be limits depending on the package you buy.
Excellent :)
Sorry, the tracker currently does not support this. But as a workaround you could send the Track and Trace url to your team members so they will see all locations in their mobile browser. Or they just add each other as friends.
Thats a shame as would save a fair amount of time :) we will wait and see with this.

Questions:
As mentioned I plan to offer different packages with different limits. For example, would be a limit of 10 track and trace items per day reasonable for very small companies, or is this too low? What is the average job count for small and bigger companies?
Which team sizes should be supported by the various packages. Maybe 1, 5, 10?
We generally have around 5 team members per ID/map/client so 5 and 10 for us would probobly be enough for now. But we can also do around 5-10 ID's at a time as well.

Do you have an idea of your price structure yet Florian?
Would you be charging per ID so if i bought say 5 member for one ID with track loading for that ID (or would i have to buy track loading for each individual member?)
Would the track loading work to save all members on one map (with the same ID) so i can simply forward the completed map to the client on completion rather than five seperate maps (one for each member)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thats a shame as would save a fair amount of time :) we will wait and see with this.
Well, the product is called "Track and Trace", the goal is to provide tracking information to customers who have ordered something and are waiting for that. You are suggesting a feature that will be used by your own team members (and not by your customer). As I wrote, acutally this is possible, members of your teams just need to add each other as friends. By the way, why do team members need to see other team members? Does not every member has a predefined route, independent of other member's routes?
Would you be charging per ID so if i bought say 5 member for one ID with track loading for that ID (or would i have to buy track loading for each individual member?)
I haven't decided yet. I guess I won't charge per Id, but maybe I will provide packages like "10 IDs per day", or "50 IDs per day". But I don't know if it makes sense. What if one job takes more than one day?
or would i have to buy track loading for each individual member?
Actually "Track Loading" has nothing to do with "Track And Trace". The former is to download tracks, the latter is just to view the current track. If you want to have "track loading" too you need to buy for every user. At least I could add an option for track and trace users to download tracks from all users at once.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
I have made the beta version of "Track and Trace" public. I have no idea if it looks like the readers here expected so I'm really curious about your feedback. I won't explain how it works because I want to test if you understand the user interface or if it's too complex (many features = complex configuration :-)). So your first task: find the track and trace link in the web portal :-)
Valdemar

Post by Valdemar »

Hi! I have the same question, but with different changes. So my situation, what I search/need:
1. So, I am an administrator. My friends - some paraglidier pilots, and I need to see on the map, where they are now - coordinates, speed, altitude. My friends organized in one my group.
2. I am administtrator, and I have full access to options. My friends - users, and have partial access to map, without permission to change something. Only to veiw location of members of group.
3. Only I can add friends to the map. And I take off from map.
4. Not all my friends have Android smartphones... It nesessary to have possibility to connect and usual GPS trackers. At least 1-2 models.
5. I think, total quantity of friends will be 15-20 persons. Not every day trackers will work. And, when they will work, may work 3-5-7 trackers simultaniously... So, loading for server will be minimal...

So, is it possible to organize this with Your server?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
basically all but 4.) is possible. You could add 20 friends if you buy additional friends. However, this system supports only Android.
Valdemar

Post by Valdemar »

Is it so difficult to connect usual trackers? You lost customers becouse of this... Android works not so good, as tracker. And sometimes nesessary to use simple tracker, but not Android... I think, You need to resolve this question. For example, take as a base one model of tracker and connect it to Your server...
Valdemar

Post by Valdemar »

Well, I have idea - maybe possible to organize intermediate server/module, which will receive info from usual trackers, and translate it in Android format?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Admittedly there are some strategic reasons because this plattform is financed by ads. But I'm considering to offer an API. For external trackers it is still difficult because I don't know the format they send.