Latitude replacement

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
fvlaardingerbroek

Latitude replacement

Post by fvlaardingerbroek »

It was said in the description of the app(s) that there would be something like 'Latitude replacement', enabling the usage of cell towers instead of GPS. Support for this would be on the forum.
Quote:
"- Latitude replacement: The default configuration needs more battery. If you want to save battery just increase the update interval or use cell tower locations instead of GPS. Support is available in the forum."

Yet I cannot find anything, so... who can provide support on this?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Latitude replacement

Post by admin »

Hi,
if I understand you correctly you want to use the app without GPS. By default, the app uses both cell tower location and GPS. If you don't want GPS you can uncheck the checkbox "Switch on GPS automatically". You can find it in the expert settings.
fvlaardingerbroek

Post by fvlaardingerbroek »

Thanks for the reply.
I indeed found the option, but it doesn't track me when GPS is off.
In other words: It doesn't seem to track on cell towers. I found the option where you can change the update frequency for 'Network', and I tried both on 120 and 30 sec, neither works.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have you checked the timestamps at the top? What is the last network timestamp? Have you enabled network location in your Android system settings?