Separate notification for events

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
paulo_andre

Separate notification for events

Post by paulo_andre »

Hi
I use this app and would like the notifications to be sent to my smartwatch. However, since it's always the same notification (it only turns green), it never gets sent.
Is it possible to have an option where another (separate) notification is created when someone starts/stops tracking your account? This would enable the new notification to be sent to the smartwatch and I wouldn't have to check the phone to see what happened.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Separate notification for events

Post by admin »

Hi,
Do you mean you don't get if the user count changes for example from 1 to 2? I guess it always works if it changes from 0 to 1 or vice versa, because in this case the icon changes from default to green? Am I right?
paulo_andre

Post by paulo_andre »

admin wrote:Hi,
Do you mean you don't get if the user count changes for example from 1 to 2? I guess it always works if it changes from 0 to 1 or vice versa, because in this case the icon changes from default to green? Am I right?
No, I mean I don't get any notification on my watch, not even when the icon turns green.
RTT2 uses ongoing notifications, those are never sent to the watch.
What I'm asking is to have an option to send "normal" notifications once a user logs in or out.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hm, hard for me to support Android watches at the moment as I have no test device. But I will check it.
paulo_andre

Post by paulo_andre »

I made a few more tests, I don't think the problem is the ongoing notifications, but the lack of text in the notification.
I noticed this because the "Here maps" application uses ongoing notifications when updating maps (with the % completed), and I get a lot of notifications on the watch from it.
Maybe if you add a text when the icon turns green or turns back to normal it will send to the watch.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, I cannot change the standard text, but I have created a test version which sets a ticker text (this text appears only for a few seconds). I'm not sure if it helps but you can try if you want.
paulo_andre

Post by paulo_andre »

admin wrote: I'm not sure if it helps but you can try if you want.
Sure, where can I donwload it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

paulo_andre

Post by paulo_andre »

I tried that version and the notifications were not sent to the watch, but I also did not see any text in the phone when the icon turns green.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is only visible for two seconds when the new viewer arrives. To test, open your guest link with your browser and check the notification bar at the same time.
Anyway, it seems we have to search for different solution.