RTT2 stops running

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
kobusb

RTT2 stops running

Post by kobusb »

I use RTT2 on a Galaxy Note 5 but somehow it stops running in the background. I mean the RTT2 program does not send position updates.
It only sends position info when it is open or after it is closed but some time later it stops running and no further updates are given.
What am I missing?
admin
Site Admin

Re: RTT2 stops running

Post by admin »

Hi,
Have you checked if it stops updating completely or if it is only delayed. What happens if you wait for 10 minutes?
newdeal

Post by newdeal »

I can also confirm the same issue.
I have it running perfectly on a Galaxy Note3 and Galaxy note4 but on my new Galaxy S6 Edge I'm having this problem.

The app runs fine on the note3 and note4 for hours.
On the S6 Edge the app start off fine and then after a short while I look at the map on my PC and it show that no update has been given for a few minutes.
Even though the service is running, If I go into remote control on my PC and select "start app via google cloud messaging" then it will begin updating again.
Sometimes on a trip which lasts for an hour I would have to do the above every few minutes in order to track the whole trip.

This might be a total coincidence but yesterday the phone was plugged into the car charger and during that time I never had to do the "start app via google cloud messaging" trick.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
It's true that newer Samsung devices have a bug which make the wakeup timers non-working. I tried to add a workaround which needs more battery but at least should work. Which update interval have you configured?
newdeal

Post by newdeal »

Thanks for the quick info and reply.
I currently have the minimum interval set which is 5 seconds if I'm correct?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hm, actually this should work with my workaround. Can you please send your username (use private message if you want to keep it secret)? I would like to check the log files.
newdeal

Post by newdeal »

PM sent.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, I have checked the account and I think the Samsung bug is responsible for this problem. I have enabled the workaround for your account. Maybe you can give me some feedback in a few days if the situation has improved.
newdeal

Post by newdeal »

I will be able to give it a good test run tomorrow afternoon and supply feedback immediately after.

By the way there is something else I noticed which does not happen on the previous samsungs:
Whenever I'm done tracking I always use the remote control and select "Stop service" and tick the box "Force".
Often this does not work and it just says "waiting", at which point I either end up selecting "start service..." again and then straight away I stop the service which mostly seems to work, or I just restart the phone.
newdeal

Post by newdeal »

So I've just given it a good test run and these are the results:

Unfortunately the problem is still there and is not even the slightest bit better.

- I began tracking the phone by going to my PC and then logging into the GreenAlp webpage and then going to remote control remote.

- I started the service by going to "start app via google cloud messaging" and the tracking started but shortly after that I noticed that it hadn't updated on the map for about 2 minutes.

- I then decided to go to remote control again and go to "start app via google cloud messaging". This then gave me the latest position but within a few seconds it had stopped updating again.

- Then I decided to plug the phone into the car USB phone charger and the tracking began updating again and it updated perfectly throughout the entire 20 minute trip.

- As soon as I unplugged the phone then the updated locations stopped.

- I then tried to stop the service by going to remote control and select "Stop service" and tick the box "Force" but it just stayed on "waiting" status, so I then went to "start app via google cloud messaging" and the status said "started" and then I immediately went to select "Stop service" and tick the box "Force" and the service stopped.

To end off I also used my NOTE3 with a different username and this worked perfectly as usual.