How do I get RTT2 to work on mobile locations

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
z211971

How do I get RTT2 to work on mobile locations

Post by z211971 »

Occasionally, my partner's location setting gets GPS switched off. It was my understanding that Real Time Tracker 2 would work with mobile telephone towers, but without as much accuracy. Regardless of the GPS accuracy setting (excellent to very poor), RTT2 always stops sending location info if the GPS is turned off. I have gone thru all the settings, and do not find anything hat would engage location via mobile phone company towers.

Please help!
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I get RTT2 to work on mobile locations

Post by admin »

Hi,
Is it possible that your partner has switched off not only GPS but complete location data? In this case even estimation the location using mobile towers is not possible. You could try to send a remote command "Get network location" to your partner. The reply should contain some hint whether there is a problem or not.
z211971

Post by z211971 »

No, only the GPS is turned off. Other location services are still on - both google and the mobile connection
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you try to open Google Maps on that device and check if it is able to determine location if GPS is switched off? If it can please also start the tracker and check if the tracker cannot determine location while Google Maps can.
z211971

Post by z211971 »

The Get location remote function works. However, there is no update after the GPS interval is exceeded. No tracking of the routing occurs either.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It does not switch immediately, it waits until no GPS location could be found for more than five minutes. So please wait 10 minutes and check if it location is updated afterwards. Which network location interval is configured?
z211971

Post by z211971 »

It goes for hours without connecting. not 10 minutes or so.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ok, I just re-tested it on my phone - it worked without any problem. So the feature itself works. I don't know the reason why it does not work on your phone. Is it possible that your phone enters a sleep mode and blocks all apps? Have you checked if it works when connected to a charger? When you shutdown and restart the app, what is displayed in "last network timestamp" above the map?