Recording interrupted

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
markok

Recording interrupted

Post by markok »

Hello,
one question if you don't mind... I have benn getting lately an error message with red message bar: GPS signal lost/weak Recording interrupted...?

I also noticed that a person's device I share location with is constantly viewing my current location (my icon has a litte "star" attached).

Can you please advise what is going on? Both ie. the error message and active icon all the time is news.

We have been using this app for along time and have not experienced this behaviour before.

Thank you,
Marko
admin
Site Admin

Re: Recording interrupted

Post by admin »

Hi,
The error message occurs if your tracker cannot find the GPS signal for a while (this happens for example if your are inside a building where hardly any GPS signal is available). The error message just wants to make the user aware, that as long as the phone is not moved to a better location the tracker will not be able to record the track. As soon as the tracker can find the satellites again (e.g. if you are going outside), the error message will automatically disappear.

I'm not sure if I understood your second problem ("my icon has a litte "star" attached"). What exactly do you mean? Basically, if your friend has added your account to his friend list (and you have accepted), you will always get a viewer notification while he has opened the app and the map screen is in the foreground. The same happens if he loads the web in the web portal or if somebody is watching your location using your guest url. You can click the "Viewers" label to get some additional information about your current viewers.
markok

Post by markok »

Thank you.
sampath1

Post by sampath1 »

I have weak GPS signal interrupted. This is not going out even when I come to open sky. Please help. When I starfted the RTT2 then it says GPS is stopped and will start in 4 mins and time starts. Please help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you please check in your Android settings, if you have set "Location settings" to "High accuracy"?
sampath1

Post by sampath1 »

Thank you for replay and asking. Correct. I have set my android settings to HIgh Accuracy. Please help.
sampath1

Post by sampath1 »

Thank you for replay and asking. Correct. I have set my android settings to HIgh Accuracy. Please help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, so first you should check if there is a problem with your GPS. There is an app called "GPS Status". Can you please install it and check if it can show your coordinates? https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... gpsstatus2
sampath1

Post by sampath1 »

I have installed gpsstatus2 and even purchased thru in app and set to autoamtically download AGPS data every one hour. I checked the latitude and longitude co ordinates on gpsstatus2 app but my RTT2 is still showing in Weak GPS Signal, recording interrrupted. I have clicked on notification and it displays a warning message to ensure clear view of the sky and download A-GPS data.

I am using XIAOMI company's MI 4I model Android phone. GPS settings are high accuracy to use GPS,MOBILE NETWORK AND WI-FI for location.

Please help.

Regards,
Sampath
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Your app sent GPS coordinates to the server yesterday. So RTT2 seems to work with your GPS.