Track to Google Earth in 3D

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
janskis

Track to Google Earth in 3D

Post by janskis »

Hi!

I have been using your program in flying an RC plane and looking afterwards where the plane have been. Is it possible to dowloand the track in 3D to Google Earth or into some other program?

Thanks!

Janne
admin
Site Admin

Re: Track to Google Earth in 3D

Post by admin »

Hi Janne,
as you have the Track Loading permission you can download and view the track in Google Earth. On the right side of the map, specify the time range, select "Download KML file", and push "Load Track". You will need Google Earth version 6 or higher to view the track.
janskis

Post by janskis »

Thanks, but the track is 2D in Google Earth. Did I do something wrong? Track goes on 0 m level through hills and buildings.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I see. Maybe there is a possibility to view it in 3D, at least there is all necessary information in the file. I will google a little bit if Google Earth supports this or if there is any other app which is capable of 3D tracks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good news: Just downloaded Google Earth 6.2. I was able to configure altitude to be displayed absolute instead on the ground, i.e. it is possible the track in 3D now. Try it, I can support you if you need help. Moreover I'm working on a Google Earth layer for the online map.
frndz

Post by frndz »

How do i download a KML file? just tell me the procedure. How do i grant permission to my friend enabling him to download kml file of my track.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Downloading is only possible for your paying users. They receive the necessary permissions. If you have this permission you can also allow your friends to download your track. Just go to the settings section in the web portal.