Tablets

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
BLAlley

Tablets

Post by BLAlley »

How do I make this work with my tablet? It was listed as compatible, but clearly seems to only work with phones.

Also, why did I have to open TWO accounts just to ask a question here? That's BS
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tablets

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for your message. Actually this app should work on all all Android systems having a GPS chip. As I do not own an Android tablet I'm not able to verify it. But if you describe the problem I will really try to fix that.

I admit it's annoying that you need two different accounts. Sorry for that. The problem is that this forum software is a third party product.

So I will wait for your description. If you think that there is also a problem with the layout on tables maybe you could also send a screenshot, that would really be great.

Thanks,
Florian
BLAlley

Post by BLAlley »

I don't see any way to activate the app remotely on a tablet.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
You are right, you cannot start the service via the remote command feature. But this has nothing to do with your tablet computer. You can send remote commands only if the service is already running before because of following technical reason:
If the service is stopped all connections to the server will be closed. So there is no way for the server to communicate with your phone, consequently the server cannot ask your phone anymore to start the service.

To make the service running again you have two options.
- Start the service manually
- Start the service by text message (SMS). Of course this works only if your tablet supports receiving SMS.
- Maybe in future there will another option available, offered by Google. But I have to check that first.

As soon as the service is running again and connected to the server you can continue sending remote commands.

Even if you can't start the service via remote commands you can still use this feature to start/stop the GPS module. Using GPS on-demand saves a lot of battery compared to permanent usage.
werner65

Post by werner65 »

This app is not compatible with your device.
Can not install on my Galaxy Tab via Market
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Some Galaxy tab users sent very bad ratings claiming that my app does not work on their device. They refused to describe the problems in the forum. So I was forced to disable Galaxy tab in Market. If you would like to use this app on your tablet you can do that but you have to install it manually without the Market. Just post a message if you would like to choose this option.
werner65

Post by werner65 »

hi,

sure i would like to test it on my Tab. Your app works very well on my 2 phones.

I have a rooted Galaxy Tab 8.9 and can report if i have any problems.

THX!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Just download http://www.greenalp.com/downloads/RealT ... racker.apk with your tablet browser and open the file. It will be installed automatically. Please note this will work only if you allow 3rd party apps. You have to enable this in your android settings. After installation you can disable 3rd party apps again.

If you could give some feedback that would really be great.
werner65

Post by werner65 »

hi,

i am really sorry to say that i could not find any problem so far
Everything is working well except the SMS feature that is not supported by the Tab.
Tested on Galaxy Tab 8.9 with Android 3.2.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks very much. So I don't understand why tablet users are complaining so much and why they give so bad rates. But I will consider to unlock your specific model in the Android Market.