Help, Questions & Full Version

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
Sorted4charity

Help, Questions & Full Version

Post by Sorted4charity »

Hi,

Love the app, but have a few questions which i am sure you can help with just not found them all on the forum.....

We are looking to use the app for a charity cycle ride around the UK over 10 days we are doing in May so that people can click on a guest link on our website to see our location.

My questions are (apoligies before hand have quite a few)

1. When currently using the app my routes are short although on the phone its tracked prehaps a whole loop on a training ride on the website only shows maybe the last 20miles - Guessing this is something to do with the number of tracking points can i space this out more? or if we go for the full version then will we get more points??

2. We are doing 1300 miles around over 10days if we got the full version will we beable to seperate out each days ride so that we can download after we have finished ? Will the website store the whole route?

3. Is there a better way we could present the map on our website than just a hyperlink to the guest invite ?

My settings on phone are:
Send interval 10/10
GPS Acc limit : very poor
Min. Distance 50 Yrds
Send Network Location : YES
GPS back off time : 300
Extra AGPS : OFF

Thanks in advance
admin
Site Admin

Re: Help, Questions & Full Version

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for your message. Here are my answers to your questions:

1.) The displayed route usually consists of a maximum of 150 data points (temporarily it might be a little bit more). The server doesn't necessarily display the last 150 data points. Actually the last 400 points are loaded and an algorithm decides which points to skip and which to show.

2.) The website will store the whole route. So if you buy the track loading feature you will be able to manually load tracks separated by days. But the behaviour won't change for your viewers. They still will see only the last 400 points. It makes no sense to display thousands of points by default because this causes heavy load on the client computers and the mobile phones. If it's too much the browser could even crash.

If you want to stretch the displayed track there are two options.
- You can increase the send interval.
- I will build a custom solution for you, however custom solutions are non-free (prices are low and affordable for everyone).

3.) A hyperlink is the preferred way. Maybe it is also possible to use an iframe.