Requests to updated version

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
kudeee

Requests to updated version

Post by kudeee »

Firstable I want to thank you for this app. However there are some big mistakes in this app. For example, if someone(like me) uses this application not only for having fun of tracking your journeys, but also for situation, if somone would stole my phone. Then first thing thief would see is the Large green(sometimes red) icon up on status bar, which signalizing of GPS tracking, and also app name is Real time track. However best way to fix this problem, would be just hide this big icon on statusbar or at least make it more invissible and also set password of logging in application, that thief could not change any settings. One big error is SMS remote control: what's the point of it, if when recieved sms it opens only app, but doesn't start GPRS data and GPS on phone? You think the thief will open this app and then click on GPRS and GPS to make him avialable to search and wanted? - To fix this problem, you should download and research app that calls "Tasker" with this application it is possible to make make SMS remote controll of starting and when recieved sms or started it auto starts also GPS and GPRS or WIFI - so please research of this problem.

Those would be the main problems, I hope you will fix them - they are not so hard to be done, thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Requests to updated version

Post by admin »

Hi,
There are 2 feature you would like to have

1.) Hide the notification icon
2.) Enable 3G automatically

I already worked on both requests prior to this posting but I cannot solve them because this app runs in a special high priority mode and Android automatically shows an icon when this mode is entered.
Moreover Android doesn't support to enable 3G programmatically except when using special hacks. But these won't work for Android versions greater than 2.3. So there is no perfect solution for that problem.
kudeee

Post by kudeee »

Please research apps called:

Androidlost
Phonelocator

They allows to turn on GPS and 3G with sms and also hides icon. There also also lot of fetures, like app can not be uninstalled, even if thief makes factory reset-app survives. Please research them, because your app has best live tracking system, but those two aps sends only location cordinates, which can see in google map for 2 mins interval, but your app can send coordinates even for 10 secs. So I really waiting for updated app, have a luck!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
There were already similar discussion in this forum. I could remove the icon but then the service won't run in the high priority mode. But I will think about it if I try a special hack.

We also already head discussions in this forum about enabling 3G programmatically. I analyzed that and I found out that Android actually does not support it. But there exist some hacks for Android <= 2.3. For Android > 3.0 the app needs to be installed as system app. Otherwise it doesn't work. Maybe I will try it anyway. If you know an app which works on Android 4.0 please report it. I'm very interested in this information.