GPS 5 Second interval minimum

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
tnargwoxow

GPS 5 Second interval minimum

Post by tnargwoxow »

Hi there,
Any way of getting the 'privileges' to enable 1-2 second GPS interval updates? It tells me I need Special privileges
admin
Site Admin

Re: GPS 5 Second interval minimum

Post by admin »

HI,
This privilege was intended to be available to paying users. But I don't sell it anymore because of performance and licencing issues.
dsabine

Post by dsabine »

Huh.....Live tracking not available!? Have you thought about updating the #%$@#% app store so people don't go through the BS waste of time!!! WTF :->´ />
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
obviously you are very disappointed about this app. Sorry to hear. May I ask what is your exact problem? Actually an update interval of 5 seconds is much better than other live tracking apps provide. Do you know any app that has shorter intervals? If there is a technical problem I can support you.
ctprice

Post by ctprice »

I have tried out another free tracker (insta mapper) and this one is by far the best as far as features and function. An update of every 5 secs is not only sufficient for most tasks but if you set your smartphone to update faster than that it will typically get bogged down. Even if you research purpose built GPS trackers you will notice this FREEWARE is very competitive if not better.

I like all of the existing features but it would be cool to integrate turn by turn navigation (via audio). Also, if you had a way of allowing a user to load an old track and get turn by turn (via audio) or construct a map via Google or your own mechanism to get turn by turn (via audio) and load it...... I think more would pay for the load track feature.

Can't wait to actually try it out on my bike in a few days!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for your positive feedback. Turn-by-turn feature would be very cool but unfortuately it is not possible to provide this feature. You need very sophisticated technology and very expensive data about the all possible routes which I could never afford. But maybe I can support starting Google navigation automatically.