The Clear Track button does nothing

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
WindJunkieTX

The Clear Track button does nothing

Post by WindJunkieTX »

....I expected it to clear the track on the website, but it does not. Then I tried entering a date range...thinking that maybe it will clear the part of the track in the date range...nothing.

The only way the track clears is by clearing the Display Auto Tracks checkbox...and when you re-check it the track re-appears.

...This interface is not very intuitive...can you explain how these controls are supposed to work?
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Clear Track button does nothing

Post by admin »

1.) Well, maybe the menu could be more intuitive but I don't know how :-). Any improvement suggest is welcome. Anyway, you should know that this menu is actually made for customers who bought the "Track Loading" feature. They can push the "Load" button to load a track of a custom time range. And they push the "Clear" button to remove these custom tracks, i.e. they can remove the tracks which they have manually added before.
However, there is still the automatically loaded track which appears as soon as you enter the page. This is what the checkbox is for. You can display/hide the Auto-Track.

2.) I'm not sure what your goal is. Do you wan't to physically delete tracks so they cannot be recovered anymore or would you just like to hide them.
- If you want to delete tracks: Go to the web portal, enter the settings section, and specify the time range to delete.
- If you want to hide tracks:
- If you just want to hide on your own browser. Use the check box in the orange menu to hide/display tracks
- If you want to limit the displayed track (e.g. just show the last hours), use the track limit option in the tracker settings.
WindJunkieTX

Post by WindJunkieTX »

Thanks,

That accomplished my goal...what I wanted to do is delete data...because if I do a bike ride, or a sail...and cover the same route as a previous trip, I want the map to show where I am NOW with no previous route shown to cause confusion.

I wouldn't mind helping you out with improving the interface.

I'd also like a sample of the .KML output...I used to use Instamapper until it went down on Dec 13...very disappointed about that because it was such a great app. The .KML it generated was really excellent. I can send you an example if you like (unfortunately, I think the icons will not display right because it refers to the website for the icon file, but that's the only problem).

I don't want to do a free trial of the 'paid' version yet (I think your site offers that) because I'm not doing bike rides or sails at the moment, but I'd be interested in seeing what the .KML files look like (which they were included free as they were with Instamapper).

Thanks, Jeff.
scarlaiene

Post by scarlaiene »

Hello, I am new here and am testing the RealTimeGPSTracker for outdoor games (Paintball and Airsoft). My question would be how clean the traces in Android device.

I thank all parabeniso and developers for the great work.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

WindJunkieTX wrote:Thanks,

That accomplished my goal...what I wanted to do is delete data...because if I do a bike ride, or a sail...and cover the same route as a previous trip, I want the map to show where I am NOW with no previous route shown to cause confusion.

I wouldn't mind helping you out with improving the interface.

I'd also like a sample of the .KML output...I used to use Instamapper until it went down on Dec 13...very disappointed about that because it was such a great app. The .KML it generated was really excellent. I can send you an example if you like (unfortunately, I think the icons will not display right because it refers to the website for the icon file, but that's the only problem).

I don't want to do a free trial of the 'paid' version yet (I think your site offers that) because I'm not doing bike rides or sails at the moment, but I'd be interested in seeing what the .KML files look like (which they were included free as they were with Instamapper).

Thanks, Jeff.

In your case it might be OK to delete the data. Generally I recommend to hide data using the track limit option instead deleting.
Let's say you want to show only the last 24 hours of a track:
- If you want to accomplish this by deleting tracks you will have to login to the web portal every day and manually delete tracks older than 24 hours.
- In contrast, if you use the track limit option you just have to configure once the time span you would like to show. No daily track maintenance is needed. The portal will always show only 24 hours of a track if the track limit is configured this way.

Btw, the track data itself is deleted by server anyway once per week (if you are not using the "Track Loading" feature.

I did not invest much time in the KML files. But it contains all necessary data (location, timestamp, altitude, etc.). So any application as for example Google Earth version 6 should be able to process the KML file. Of course these apps can modify and improve the KML. To make it easier for your i have unlocked your account for 24 hours (it won't be counted) so you can try out KML.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

scarlaiene wrote:Hello, I am new here and am testing the RealTimeGPSTracker for outdoor games (Paintball and Airsoft). My question would be how clean the traces in Android device.

Use the track limit option in the tracker settings. This way you can hide outdated tracks.
Alternatively you could just delete tracks using the settings section in the web portal.
scarlaiene

Post by scarlaiene »

admin wrote:
scarlaiene wrote:Hello, I am new here and am testing the RealTimeGPSTracker for outdoor games (Paintball and Airsoft). My question would be how clean the traces in Android device.

Use the track limit option in the tracker settings. This way you can hide outdated tracks.
Alternatively you could just delete tracks using the settings section in the web portal.
Thanks for the feedback so quickly. Web settings change the settings on the device tracked?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Let's say these settings are related. In case of track limit you can either configure the limit wia web portal or via tracker settings. It's the same.