Remote Cmds not being sent

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
wickedcinnamon

Remote Cmds not being sent

Post by wickedcinnamon »

Hi
I am having trouble using the remote cmds interface on the website. It does not seem to be sending the commands. I know on your page it says that it can take upto 5 mins to send but I have been waiting over an hour for the commands to issue. Is there a gremlin in the works at the moment?

The reason I am using the remote cmds is that the live tracking also stopped sending gps and network positions after 10 mins hence why I was trying to use the remote cmds. currently the last time a position was reported was 40 mins ago and the update interval is set to 15 seconds! Any ideas please?

Caz
Last edited by wickedcinnamon on Sat May 24, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Remote Cmds not being sent

Post by admin »

Hi,
have your tried to send the "Start service" command? Are you sure that the data connection on the phone is enabled and working? Remote commands can only work if the communication between phone and server is working.
chuckx

Post by chuckx »

Hi
I have noticed the same thing. Previously I was able to send remote commands throughout the day from the Web and they were enacted almost immediately. Now the command just spins and says 'waiting". Strangely, if I send the command by another mobile instead of the Web, it works perfectly.
Thanks for your help
Fran
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Strangely, if I send the command by another mobile instead of the Web, it works perfectly.
You mean you are accessing the same web page with two different devices, and one time it works and one time it does not? I think this is incidentally. The device has no influence on the website behaviour. Maybe your network is blocking the wake up request which is sent to your phone. I suggest to test with several networks (tracked phone uses mobile network, tracked phone uses WLAN).
chuckx

Post by chuckx »

No, I actually mean that the remote command function from the Web to mobile X did not work, but a remote command from mobile Y to mobile X worked beautifully.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So mean remote commands via SMS work, but not via web? Is the installed tracker version up-to-date? Please note that remote commands via web only work if the date connection on the tracked phone is enabled and the network does not block incoming Google Push messages. If you send the username of the tracked phone I can have a look if remote commands have been sent to this phone recently.